Soul

In eastern teachings a Human being is depicted as a Wagon dragged by Horses. On top of the wagon sits a Man who tries to control the Horses. Inside the Wagon sits a Master who give orders to the Man where to drive. The Wagon is my Body. The Horses are my Emotions. The Man on top is my Mind. And the Master inside is my Soul. The links between these elements are as important as the constituents themselves for the Human Being to Be in Harmony.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coming back... to a Challenge

I came back to where I grew up, just for the summer. In terms of Self Development there was a positive and a negative side of coming back here.

When you come back to a familiar environment after being away for a longer time you more easily notice the changes in yourself. Much like you more easily notice changes in other people if you do not meet them regularly. And the changes becomes very clear if you have not seen a person for, let us say 2-3 years. I experienced something like that when I came back to my old neighborhood. I noticed that I now saw things in a more healthy and objective way.

The negative side was that I found it harder to act accordingly here. I saw myself acting like the old me, but it was very hard to do something about it. Too much memories from places and persons. And because everyone around me viewed me as I were one year ago, it was very hard to act different from what they expected.

I think it will be a very good exercise for me to try to brake away from the social prejudices the people have about me. Prejudices created by myself during my time here. I want to show people around me that I have changed, for the better. And in a place like this, where everyone think they know everyone, it will be a tough challenge indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment